Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holiday Catch-up!

Things have been a bit hectic lately, but I wanted to play catch-up and post our Christmas! Things were definitely relaxed this year. My mom flew in from Seattle for the holiday and it was great spending time with her. Christmas Eve was all about the food. After a day of last minute shopping, I was exhausted so my mom and Ryan really came through in the kitchen and everything was delicious. After our feast we played games and watched a movie. Christmas morning was very nice as well. After goodie filled stockings and lots of presents, we sat down for a hot breakfast prepared by Chef Ryan! After visiting with our grandparents, we headed to the movie theater in our Christmas Day tradition and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The day after Christmas I don’t think we left the house once. Ryan was a busy dad-to-be. He single handily measured out, taped off and painted the nursery, which was an all day event. After that he put together the crib and swing. What a stud! Downstairs my mom and I kept busy with the sewing machine. I’ve been saying forever that I wanted to learn to sew so that I could make things for my babies one day. Well Ryan bought me a sewing machine earlier in the year, but until then it was still in the box. I figured what a better way to learn than with my mom. Although she sewed a lot back in her day, it had a been a while, so I was extremely grateful for the time she took to brush up on and figure out my machine and then teach me. After a crash course in sewing, I made 8 burp rags for Cade and got started on an apron. It was a long and fun day and I’m so glad I got to spend it with my mom! Christmas this year was really all about hanging out with family and just relaxing… and I couldn’t have asked for it any other way!

Ryan, Kelsey and my mom preparing the Christmas Eve feast!

Table for four!

Kels and Mom getting their eat on!

Christmas morning- Sister sister!

Mom and me!


Christmas with the whole family, Ryan, me, Bella, Bear and Cade on the way!
(Can you believe this was our 5th Christmas together? Time flies when you're in LoVe!)

31 weeks pregnant!

Sewing ladies!


My first sewing project- burpers for Cade!

Ryan prepping the nursery to be painted.

Painting... done! Crib... assembled. On to the swing!


New Year’s Eve was another low key night for us. We went to the Cheesecake Factory with our friends Matt and Candee and then went back to their place for a movie. Ryan and I got home just in time to watch the ball drop and ring in the New Year just the two of us! 2008 was definitely an awesome year for us, but I have a feeling 2009 is going to be the best yet!



New Year's dinner with favorite friends!

Capping off 2008 with the love of my life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all I am appreciation your work. I like this post very much. Really it feels good. I hope it will be very nice article to the customers of this blog and it will attract readers attention. And also if they are seeking such an information it will be very helpful to complete their work. Usually thesis writing service UK are providing better and effective valuable help to the customers.