Wednesday, January 28, 2009

36 weeks, Baby Shower #3 & very SWOLLEN feet!

Today at work my coworkers surprised me with baby shower #3! The girls put together a fun hour of games, goodies, and of course … gifts! Since Ryan and I work in the same building, he was invited to the festivities, which was very fun! One of the games was an apple juice drinking contest between Ryan and me… out of a baby bottle! I wish I could have got a picture of Ryan desperately trying to chug that juice from a bottle, but just take my word for it, it was classic! My coworker Joy, a terrific baker, made a scrumptious cake that I was absolutely amazed with. We also got some adorable gifts! Baby shower #3 was a great success and I was again reminded how lucky we are to have so many people around care and help us celebrate Cade!

Parents-to-be with the baby blue cake!

The party planner herself, Miss Tina Potter!

The CUTEST diaper cake ever! Hidden amongst the diapers was tons of baby goodies,
like socks, pacifiers, wash clothes, and toys galore! Loved it!

Lots of gifts for Cade!

Game time!

Today also marks 36 weeks of glorious pregnancy! I cannot believe how fast time is FLYING by. For the most part, everything is moving along just lovely. Cade, and my belly, are definitely growing every single day. I know he is snug as a bug in there because I’m not feeling those powerful kicks as much, rather constant waves of movement. And with 36 weeks comes the lovely side effects. I can hardly roll over in bed, so thank goodness for Ryan. Whenever I need to shift in bed he puts his arm out like a bar and lets me grab on so I can throw my body over. Another fun task is wearing shoes every day. I do fine on weekends, but as every weekly work day goes by my feet get bigger and bigger. Shoes normally fit in the morning when I leave for work, but are definitely a tight squeeze by the time 4 o’clock rolls around. I like to refer to them as elephant feet, others have compared my toes to sausages, but whatever they are, they are not cute! I can’t complain too much though because for the most part, pregnancy has been good to me! Four weeks to go and as always I grow more and more excited to meet the little guy!

Oh, and a work update… My last scheduled day in the office is February 13th! Just about two weeks to go and I’m dunzo forever! In case you haven’t heard, I am taking indefinite maternity leave to be a full time Mama!


36 weeks!

Elephant feet... cute huh!?

4 comments:

Mel's Family said...

Oh sweetie...your poor feet! I hope you are putting them up when you get home and every chance you get. Sounds like you are set for that baby boy. Good luck to you.

Holly Fry said...

You look beautiful! Can't wait to meet the little guy. I think im going to be there around the time you have him. I will call you to update. Love the feet by the way!

The Van Fam said...

You are one spoiled little momma! Your shower was so cute and you look great! I can't belive little Cade will be here so soon! Can't wait to see him!

Carolyn Daley said...

This is so cute! I remember the day you came over to my cube to show me. You were so excited. haha :)