Sunday, January 11, 2009

33 1/2 weeks update! (Yes, I am counting halves :)

So things are moving right along the pregnancy! I cannot believe I am 33 ½ weeks already!! I’m to the point now where I’m no longer counting up, but counting down, so just about 6 weeks to go! We had our last appointment at 32 weeks and everything is looking great! We had an ultrasound and found out that no only does Cade have a cute button nose and full cheeks, but he has hair! Ryan was born bold and stayed that way for the first two years, so we weren’t quite sure if Cade would follow in his footsteps. As we watched the ultrasound in amazement (they never get old for us) the technician said, “See all these fuzzy lines around his head? Well that’s hair.” I was super excited! I know babies can lose their hair after their born, so I asked, “Can he lose his hair while he’s in there?”but she assured me that if he has hair now, he will be born with hair! They also estimated that Cade is about 2 weeks a head of schedule size and weight wise, so he is going to be a strong and healthy boy! The doctor wants to see me for another ultrasound at 37ish weeks so we can check in on his size and we’ll see if we need to welcome him early or not. Although we are preparing for a week early just in case, we’re still planning on full term, so we will see! Other than that, he is as active as ever! I've been feeling pretty good too. My only struggle right now is swelling! Since I’m still working full time (only 5 weeks to go!) my feet are downright for 9 hours straight, 5 days a week. I tend to take my shoes off at my desk and recently I’ve had a hard time getting them back on by lunch time. Lets just say I give a whole new meaning to kankles! :) Besides some swelling and a little bit of discomfort, I am really grateful to be feeling as well as I do and am just anxious for the next 6 weeks so that we can finally see our little baby!


33 1/2 weeks VERY pregnant!

3 comments:

Mel's Family said...

You look GREAT! Glad everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet little Cade!

Holly Fry said...

You look beautiful! Love the BELLY! Call me soon. I called you the other day!