Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update Time!

I can’t believe its been two weeks since I’ve posted a baby update. I guess time flies when you’re running around trying to get ready for a baby! Everything is dandy here, things are great and we’re just waiting for baby! I’m almost 39 weeks now and ready to pop! I was 3cm dilated, 40% ephased at my 37 week appointment and just over 3cm and 50-60% ephased at my 38 week appointment. I was really hoping for some more centimeters over that week, but I guess I’m just grateful my body is progressing and getting ready for the baby! I have my 39 week appointment this Thursday and that will be decision time. My doctor feels like I’m a few days a head of schedule and am a good candidate to be induced, if we so choose. So Thursday we’ll go in, see where I’m at and if we want, we will be scheduled for the first available appointment to be induced this weekend. We’ve gone back and forth deciding if we should just let the little man come on his own or schedule everything out and stroll into the hospital at a set time, right now we’re leaning towards the calm and collective stroll in. My mom in is town from Seattle through next weekend, so it sure would be nice to have Grandma here, not to mention finally getting to meet our precious little baby! Like I mentioned, our appointment is Thursday morning, so I’ll be sure to get one more update posted before go time!

It is surreal to know our lives are about to change forever at any given moment and I just can’t wait, but no one is as excited as the daddy-to-be! I’ve been surprisingly calm lately (which is shocking considering how scared I’ve always been of labor) and Ryan has taken the whole of Mr. Anxious /Impatient. Poor thing hasn’t had a good night’s rest in days. While updating a friend today he wrote,Man, I can't get any sleep. I keep thinking it's gonna happen any moment, so it's like Christmas morning every night! The suspense is killing me!” Lol, what a cutie pie! Every time I move or make a sound he thinks I’m having a contraction is and ready to rush out the door. He has taken such good care of me and has even been pep talking Cade to come out and play with us. He is so excited to meet his son and I just know he is so going to be a great dad!

Also, a very fun update is that I am officially done working!! As of last Friday, I am an unemployed house wife and mama-to-be. It is has always been a goal of ours that I would be able to stay home with our kids, once we started our family. Well our goal has become reality and I couldn’t be more excited. Bring on the play dates!


38 lovely weeks pregnant!
(Gotta love that puffy face, right?)

Mama and Papa out on the town!


Our last Sunday as singles! Next time at church we'll be a family!!
(Yes, I am wearing heels at 38 weeks. I just couldn't completely give them up!)


Also, February 6th marked the TWENTY-SECOND birthday of my beautiful little sister! The older she gets, the older I feel and realize we’re not little girls anymore. She is growing up to be an amazing woman and I couldn’t be more proud of her. Love ya sis! Happy Birthday!

Our girlfriends got together for some yummy Mexican food and hours of girl talk. I always love spending time with these gals and this night was especially fun, since it would be the last night I’s be hanging out before becoming a mama!

(Did I mention everything I do is accompanied with the thought, “Next I do this I’m going to be a mom!” It’s so surreal, but so exciting and I can’t wait!! :)



My sister, the beautiful birthday girl!


Two of my besties!
(Ashley, a mama-to-be herself, me, and Cassie, a new hot mama!)

3 comments:

Mel's Family said...

I always love an update! Good luck to both of you and don't forget to keep us posted on your blog. I can't wait to see pictures! Melinda

Shari Brinkerhoff Trader said...

im so excited for you guys!! I still have a blanket for you. since i am so smart and completly for about the baby shower the day of. anyway, i cant wait to see him!!

Joey and Ashley said...

Im so excited too! I Cant wait!! Woohoo!!!