Friday, February 20, 2009

Last Pre-Baby Update!

So the day has finally come!!! Maybe not baby day quite, but it is hospital day! Yesterday we had our final doctor’s appointment. Everything still looks good. My body is progressing nicely and Cade appears to be a healthy and strong boy. My doctor gave us the green light to be induced this weekend. We are going in this evening (Friday) to get things started off nice and slow with some natural methods (jellies, ect). After we let my body do its thing on its own, we will start Pitocin if needed. The doctor anticipates everything will go smoothly and we should have a baby sometime Saturday. Ryan and I are both very excited and cannot wait to meet our little man very soon! Please keep us in your prayers!

After our appointment yesterday, I joined Ryan for some Giant’s Spring Training practice. Yes, it is that time of year again. He has been going all week on his lunch break and absolutely loves it. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to spend some time together among all the excitement we’re both feeling. After that Ryan went back to work and I did some final shopping. I realize I will still be able to shop, but my leisure shopping just for fun will probably change a bit. I hear shopping becomes more of an “in and out” thing when you’re toting a baby/kid around, so I took advantage of my last afternoon as a single gal. Finally, last night Ryan and I went to dinner at Grimaldi’s for some very delicious pizza. We also bought Cade his blessing outfit and some other goodies for the little guy (we’re suckers for that kid). Besides not sleeping a wink last night, it was a great day with my very best friend and future baby daddy!



Our final doctor's appt!


Ryan's second love... the Giants!






Had to squeeze in one last shopping trip!

3 comments:

Rebecca and Eric Mantanoña said...

Yeah for you guys! I am so happy for you Alicia! I will definitely keep you in my prayers to make sure everything goes well, and you have a happy, healthy, and beautiful baby boy tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see your baby!! I'm sure everything will go great!

Mel's Family said...

Happy baby day!!! I put your names in the Snowflake Temple. I know everything will go great and you'll have that little guy in your arms soon. Love, Melinda