Friday, October 03, 2008

It's a boy!!

It's official..... WE'RE HAVING A BOY! Last week we had our big appointment and found out that our bouncing baby is ALL boy! :) The ultrasound was amazing! Ryan and I loved seeing our baby so active and growing so perfectly. We both wanted a boy first and are absolutely thrilled with this exciting news. So get ready world, Cade Ryder Landes is on his way!!

Cade's perfect profile!


Proof he's all boy!
(Okay Grandmas, I know you want to see. Click on picture to enlarge for better detail)

After our appointment Ryan and I went to a nice lunch. Our waitress had to keep checking back to take our order because we were gushing about our big news while calling all of family and friends with the update. After lunch we took our first official shopping trip! We wanted to start a tradition where after we find out what we're having, we go and buy the outfit to take the baby home from the hospital in. We decided on the "I'm kinda a big deal" onsie! Whoever said shopping for boys isn't fun... is wrong! Shopping for boys is so fun! Anything that small is cute! After shopping we returned home to find Aunt Kelsey with more clothes. (That girl is on the ball :) I can't wait to get Cade into these outfits. He is going to be a heart breaker!


So I haven't been very good about updating everyone on myself... the mama to be! Ryan and I have family, and more importantly, future grandmas, who are out of state and are always asking for updates. So I've started to take pictures of my growing belly. I really wish I would have started BEFORE I started growing to not only bask in the memory, but have something to compare to. Either way, I'll be starting here on out with updates every few weeks. Enjoy!

16 weeks!


19 weeks!
(The bubble shirt is a bit decieving. Next time I'll be sure to wear more fitted. Stay tuned :)

5 comments:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

I love little boys! Of course I only have one boy for now, but you are right, they are SO FUN to shop for! I have that same tradition to shop for the coming home outfit after the big ultrasound. It just makes things that much more real and official. Cute choice for the onesie! Good luck with your next 21 weeks or so!

The Frost Family said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I'm so excited, a boy! What a cute name, I love it!

Mel's Family said...

I am so excited you are having a boy! I love the name you've chosen. Cindy called me yesterday and told me all about it! (excited Grandma!) I think your tradition is perfect. Have fun. Melinda

The Van Fam said...

So cute Alicia! You look so happy! I can't wait for you to have this cute little boys so we can get together and shop and play together! You look so great!!!

Shannon said...

Congrats Alicia!!! I am so happy for you!!! You look so good and those boy clothes are adorable! I do agree with you that boys are so fun too shop for too!