Friday, October 10, 2008

Half way there!

So this week was week 20 for me, which means... I'm half way there!! Sometimes it seems like time is flying, other times it feel like its just creeping by, either way, I'm just so excited to hit this exciting mile marker! And the best news, so far everything is going great with the pregnancy. Finally I'm starting to understand why some women say they enjoy being pregnant. I'm feeling Cade move now which is very fun. No major kicks yet, but lots of bouncing around in there. And I must say, I always light up when I feel him. Its just so fun to know our little guy is in there and saying hello. My growing belly is a constant reminder he's on his way as well. Although I know I may regret it in a month or two, I've been excited to look pregnant for a while now. Even now, when people find out I'm pregnant they say they had no idea. Perhaps they're just being kind, but I'm excited for everyone to know I'm expecting. And I certainly think there's a baby bump there. In fact, on Thursday three people asked if they could feel my belly, which was a sign to me that I have "popped!" All in all, Mama, Papa and baby are all doing wonderful!
Baby belly at week 20!

Mama and Papa still excited as can be!

So we had a fun delivery this afternoon... our first baby package! Our dear friends from California, Suzanne and Troy, sent Cade his first gift. I was so excited, I tore that package open. Inside we found some very cute outfits, a toy box and Cade's first toy! Thanks Suzanne and Troy, we love the everything and sure Cade will too!!

4 comments:

The Frost Family said...

Alicia! you look amazing! I am so excited for you guys. It is so fun when you start to feel them in your tummy. The craziest is at the end when you can see your tummy moving.

Anonymous said...

hey, glad you got the gift. I thought the spanish speaking toy was pretty perfect. we're so happy that you guys are so happy.

blessings, s+t

Shari Brinkerhoff Trader said...

Hey alecia, I didnt know you had a blog. Well now i do! ryan looks so happy in is picture with the baby cloths. I have a feeling that little boy is going to be spoiled rotten by him.

Adele said...

Hey Ryan!! Adele (leavitt) here!! I just found your blog from Melinda's- How are you?? How's your family doing? I haven't been back to Madera in forever and therefore haven't seen your parents in forever either! Congrats on the upcoming baby! We have our first little guy due in just 6 short weeks! Good luck!!